Dade Moeller has supported efforts to remediate contamination at major public and commercial sites. Our customers have included the Federal Government, other public agencies, and commercial enterprises. We have:
- Developed technical reports and feasibility studies dealing with remedial technologies and served on expert panels that provide advice on remedial technology options;
- Advised our clients on all aspects of radioactive and mixed waste storage, treatment, and disposal issues and analyzed technologies for DOE and commercial disposal facilities;
- Developed and maintained programmatic oversight of environmental restoration contractor-controlled soil contamination areas and underground radioactive material areas, and designed and implemented methods for posting and controlling outdoor contamination areas based on process knowledge, characterization studies, and recent radiological survey data;
- Successfully helped our clients define the capabilities and limits of environmental restoration, advancing public understanding of hazards at contaminated sites, and to move forward with remediation technologies based on valid assessment of their benefit and utility; and
- Performed modeling assessments to develop site-specific Derived Concentration Guideline Levels (DCGLS) and set cleanup goals consistent with the Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Site Investigation Manual (MARSSIM) guidance.
Our Company is helping reduce the legacy of concern posed by radioactive and hazardous residues remaining in our nation’s structures, properties, and other assets. We are adept at defining the risks posed to workers, the public and the environment, and developing effective cleanup methods and alternatives. Through our efforts we are ensuring that our clients‘ remediation programs and activities comply with environment, safety, health, and quality regulations, and that their contaminated sites can be released for subsequent use or achieve applicable closure standards.
Dade Moeller also provides related decommissioning and decontamination services.